Friday, September 19, 2008

Experience


"I am sometimes wrong, but never uncertain"



Much is being made of the importance of experience in this election.

Well, Joe Biden is one of the more experienced members of Congress. I won't go over his entire 36 year record, and I'm sure that there must be somewhere, a vote or two he got right. But this is off the top of my recollection:

Biden voted against the Trans-Alaska Pipeline.

Biden voted against placing Pershing II missiles in Europe.

Biden opposed Reagan's military build-up.

Biden voted against the First Gulf War.

Biden voted against the surge.

Biden's initial reaction to the 9/11 attacks was to send Iran a gift of $200 million dollars.

Biden has consistently voted against SDI from his earliest days in Congress to the present.

Some people have 36 years experience, and some have one year of experience 36 times in a row.

If I were SarahCuda, I'd be using that last line in the debate

No comments: